To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Goldsboro, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Pathology Laboratory Technician
Butterball, LLC • Goldsboro, NC
Posted 23 days ago
This position is responsible for performing various test including bacterial and viral cultures, and antibiotic sensitivity testing. This position will also enter data and run laboratory reports.
- Sample preparation for bacterial and viral cultures
- Plating bacterial cultures on appropriate media
- Performing antibiotic sensitivity testing
- Media preparation
- Computer entry of data and laboratory results
- Generating laboratory reports
- Other laboratory duties as assigned
- Assisting veterinarians and technicians with necropsies
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn laboratory procedures
- Operation of laboratory equipment
- Data collection techniques and terminology
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
Education and Experience
Degree or enrolled in Biology, Microbiology, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related degree program or related work experience.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Light to moderate cleaning is required
- Casual environment requiring comfortable attire for working with animals.