Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Service Line Associate’s primary objective will be to support the development and execution of a national infusion and oncology strategy with a goal of increasing performance and market share for existing operations, as well as expanding the service line to areas where we currently do not have a presence. They will assess and support all OptumCare markets with a national lens by optimizing operational performance of existing assets, identifying development and growth opportunities, creating a clear and concise value story and advancing all aspects of the quadruple aim.
This role, and supporting partners / team, functions as a strategic resource to OptumCare helping to formulate opportunities, accelerate execution and serve as a centralized source of knowledge and best practices on the management and operational performance of the service line. The service line team actively identifies and leads key opportunities that lead to growth, revenue generation and product integration.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Strategy and Growth:
- Collaborate and partner closely with local market leadership and delivery teams as well as across functional areas (e.g. finance, technology, analytics)
- Develop business - level goals focused on maximizing service line performance that can be turned into specific operating and business plans
- Ensure that the service line strategy addresses applicable market expectations (e.g., patients, payers, providers, external business partners)
- Monitor external and internal environment for trends, innovation and impactful considerations taking place in the field
- Operational Effectiveness:
- Conduct and review analysis designed to identify market gaps and opportunities
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical operating plans
- Drive high quality execution and operational excellence
- Execute on service line roadmap in a timely and effective manner
- Relationship Building:
- Collaborate with national and local market partners to build long - lasting transparent and trusting relationships
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to obtain input and buy - in to strategies (e.g., market - level leaders, marketing, sales, health plan partners, sales channels, shared services, operations)
- Work directly with and across OptumCare business units to help determine needs and solve complex and strategic business challenges
- Ensure consistency and coordination in how service lines are implemented; driving best practices across the business
- Work efforts are focused around the patients served and optimizing the patient and provider experience
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of additional experience in lieu of Degree in developing / managing / operating projects related to business development and/or advancement
- Experienced project manager
- Knowledge of managed care environments and modern health care management in an integrated health care delivery system
- Ability to travel nationally up to 50% based on business needs
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years of experience working with a managed care organization or health insurer, or as a consultant supporting a healthcare organization / initiative
- 1+ years of experience developing / managing / operating oncology or infusion service lines
- 2+ years of driving initiatives across a large matrix organization
- Record of positive relationships with providers, techs, managers and staff that strengthen engagement, quality and service; ability to select and develop effective managers
- Ability to guide and utilize analytics to drive and optimize clinical operations
- Ability to work independently as well as in a cross functional team
- Proven ability to execute on large projects, effect change and meet business goals, monitor progress, and take corrective actions when necessary
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 To $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Associate, Service Line Advancement, Hematology, Oncology, Infusion and Oncology Service Line Associate, OptumCare, Project Manager, Health Insurer, Operations, Healthcare Operations, Development, Consultant, Infusion, Telecommute Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota