The Renfrew Center of Philadelphia, PA has an immediate opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant.
Build your career with the leading provider in the field of eating disorders!
The Renfrew Center has been a pioneer in the treatment of eating disorders since 1985. As the nation’s first residential eating disorder facility, now with 19 locations throughout the country, Renfrew has helped more than 85,000 women & adolescent girls with eating disorders and other behavioral health issues.
- Provides clinical patient care with nursing supervision including, but not limited to, phlebotomy, EKG, wound care, vital signs, withdrawal checks, as well as general clerical and administrative support to nursing staff.
- Must have MA certification & CPR certification.
- Experience with eating disorder, addiction, & psychiatric populations preferred.
- One year of MA clinical experience with post training in ambulatory care setting, phlebotomy certification or equivalent experience, ability to perform EKG’s, monitor VS, height and weight, glucometer readings, documentation of same, basic computer skills and knowledge of HIPAA regulations preferred.
- Need to have transportation to and from work as public transport is limited at night.
Hours: 40 hrs..
The Renfrew Center provides women with the tools they need to succeed — in recovery and in life. Offering a warm, nurturing environment, Renfrew emphasizes a respect for the unique psychology of women, the importance of a collaborative, therapeutic relationship and the belief that every woman needs to actively participate in her own growth and recovery.
The Renfrew Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (Hipaa) Compliance