To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Akron, OH 44316
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Development Program
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company • Akron, OH
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 66,000 people and manufacture our products in 48 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Our two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standards for the industry. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. For more information, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, headquartered in Akron, Ohio, is looking for talented leaders to significantly strengthen its global leadership depth and play an integral role in the current and future success of the organization. The Global Information Technology organization works closely with all other functional areas of the business including Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Research and Development, and Retail to support Goodyear's activities. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Business Process Analysis
- Applications Support & Development
- Project Management
- Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security, Risk Management, and Access Management
- Manufacturing Operations
- Retail Point-of-Sales Solutions
- Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP)
The Information Technology Development Program (ITDP)'s objective is to recruit and hire high potential, early career associates and develop them into high performing IT professionals through broad exposure to various experiences. Early career associates entering the IT Development Program will be placed in a minimum of two, one-year-long rotational assignments, with an optional third rotation. Each participant will have a variety of rotation options, which allows for a unique experience for each associate. Participants are expected to work with all levels of management and will be able to develop a vast company-wide network over the two- to three-year time frame. The ITDP is the entry point for early career associates into Goodyear IT within North America and provides an opportunity for regular exposure to Goodyear's Senior Leadership Team.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Bachelors Degree in a related field; preferred majors include: Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other business/technology related disciplines.
- Demonstrated leadership and growth potential
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have completed at least one prior internship
- Have a passion for technology
- Seek a wide range of opportunities for growth and development
- Are capable of interacting with all organization levels, ranging from entry-level associates to Goodyear's senior management
- Value and appreciate diversity and working in a global environment
- Prefer a culture of open communication and want to contribute in a team setting
- Are fast learners who are able to keep up with the rapidly changing technological field
It is required that you go to www.goodyear.com/careers to create your candidate profile in order to be eligible for this position. A separate profile must be created for each position applied. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Goodyear is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.