Are you interested in partnering with industry leaders in water technology and solutions? Creating a future where diverse talent provides a competitive advantage? Being part of a collaborative and dynamic team of professionals that is truly passionate about our work? If this sounds like you, talk to us about joining our team in Kansas City.
Carollo Engineers is a nationally recognized environmental engineering firm that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater facilities. Our vision is to become the best water consulting firm in the United States, and we are looking for motivated, talented people to help us reach that goal.
We are seeking a CAD/BIM Technician to support Carollo's vision of becoming the best water consulting firm in the United States. As part of our team, you will work on projects related to municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, including but not limited to major treatment plant expansions, regional water quality studies, and critical water reuse projects that will create sustainable and resilient water supplies for the world.
* Develop piping system layouts including pipe spacing, fitting makeup, valve locations, and in-line components in 3D applications and 2D drawings from sketches and catalog cut sheets and P&ID's provided by engineers and senior design staff
* Generate fabrication isometric drawings from 3D design models
* Coordination of modeling and drawing production activities between all disciplines at the project level
* Provide quality checking of drafted products and conformance with modeling and drawing production standards including project specific CAD/BIM requirements
* Generate 2D drawing views from 3D design models and develop into final contract drawings
* Provide basic CAD technical support for junior level staff
* Convert data between MicroStation and AutoCAD
* Highly motivated self-starter, results-driven and teamwork oriented
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Detail oriented, organized and have good follow-up skills
* Basic knowledge of industry pipe standards such as AWWA and ANSI B16
* Intermediate level of proficiency in the development of 2D process mechanical design drawings
* Working knowledge of 3D design concepts
* Fundamental knowledge of BIM as it relates to process mechanical design for piping, valves, in-line components and equipment
* Working understanding of structural design and the interface between structural components and process mechanical equipment and piping
* Practical knowledge in Autodesk Revit MEP or Bentley OpenPlant Modeler
* Proficient with AutoCAD or MicroStation 2D and 3D functions
* Experience in detail design of water and wastewater facilities and related infrastructure
* Minimum of 5-10 years' experience working in engineering design
* Associate degree in related technical field
Other Compensation and Benefits
Carollo is committed to providing employees with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care employees and their families need to lead healthy, productive lives. Carollo's benefits package includes paid time off and holidays, comprehensive health insurance coverage, pre-tax savings account options for healthcare, dependent care and commuter expenses, disability insurance and life insurance options for you and your dependents. We also offer free Caregiver Support, Travel Assistance, counseling services and discount programs. Other compensation that may be available includes: 401(k) company contribution matching, tuition reimbursement, discretionary bonuses, career advancement bonuses, professional registration bonuses, employee referral bonuses, and compensatory time for exempt employees. Flexible work arrangements may also be available.
- 3d Model
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit