JOB SUMMARY: Provides planning and strategic direction to the UPRM Product Development Team through performance analysis of marquee brands, programs, categories, vendors, retail pricing strategies, assortment size and open to buy management. Develops and produces reports presented to executive leadership that are the foundation of our business strategies. Creates revenue and receipt plans for assigned areas and approves purchase orders for new and existing items.
- Brand Management: Works with the Product Development team to manage the product assortment for marquee Brands; by determining the size of the product assortment within each category, the life cycle of products and programs as well as the assortment of product within stores. Provides financial justification for new programs and makes recommendations on timing within the Brand strategy timeline. Provides a financial recap for assigned Brands as part of an annual Brand Review with Executive leadership.
- Department / Category Support: Analyzes the business and provides financial justification for new initiatives and the replacement of existing product; makes recommendations on pricing strategies and resourcing opportunities within the Department / Category assortment. and provides a financial recap for assigned Departments / Categories as part of an annual Department / Category Review with Executive leadership.
- Reporting and Analysis: Develops and produces routine and non-routine business reports that leverage data from several disparate systems to drive analysis by focusing on key performance indicator metrics such as Sales trends, COGS, Retail and Gross Margin Per Capita, Unit Penetration, Gross Margin, and Inventory Turns.
- Financial Budgets: Develop revenue and receipt plans for assigned categories that determine the categories revenue, open to buy and cost of goods targets that are leveraged by the Finance Departments to build the Annual Operating Budgets and the Open to Buy. Focus is placed on changes in sales trends by Intellectual properties, symphony efforts, park initiatives and events, pricing initiatives, and category changes.
- Purchase Order Management: Review and approve Purchase Orders for assigned Departments according to UPRM established guidelines for new and existing items.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Provides planning and strategic direction to the UPRM Product Development Team. Develops and produces routine and non-routine business reports, creates revenue and receipt plans for assigned categories that are utilized to seed operational budgets and approve purchase orders for new and existing items.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years: Experience in Retail management or Financial analysis; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
#Park Operations 3025
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- Gross Profit