To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1530 Deltacom Drive
Anniston, AL 36207
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer II-Fixed Wireless
Windstream • Anniston, AL
Posted 22 days ago
Windstream is searching for an experienced Network Engineer to integrate, test, program, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot various Fixed Wireless microwave technologies and supporting hardware. The position will work with Field Maintenance employees and contractors to successfully complete installation of new fixed wireless network locations and end user locations. The position will also work with end customers during circuit testing and acceptance of service as well as be responsible for overall maintenance of the service. The position will also be responsible for performing initial network topology design and supporting infrastructure.
- Monitor, maintain, configure and troubleshoot Layer 2 and Layer 3 routes and ethernet switches/NIDs
- Monitor, maintain, configure and troubleshoot fixed wireless infrastructure
- Project management of network deployments
- Level 2/3 Fixed Wireless and/or network troubleshooting
- Support installation and configuration of network equipment
- Support planning of new customer connections and Fixed Wireless market builds
- Test and accept new network equipment and/or services
- Develop working relationship with Local Operations technicians and contractors for the purpose of training local craft to install, test, trouble-shoot, operate, and develop operational expertise with all aspects of the Fixed Wireless transport solution
- Construct and provide technical documentation and Engineering guidelines to Operation & Support Teams
- Train Operational and Support Teams on equipment hardware and supporting applications.
- Provide both oral and written reports to senior management of status of deployments in assigned markets/region
- Survey and analyze best practices for techniques and processes
- Process and procedure definition and documentation
- Ability to work in a lab environment to support evaluation and testing of new devices and applications associated with fixed wireless deployments
- Provide detailed network topology diagrams to be used in overall design during network implementation
- Maintain service documentation, logs, preventative maintenance records, and trouble tickets
- There is an ‘on-call’ rotation that you will be expected to participate in once trained
- Goal to become Subject Matter Expert on Windstream’s Fixed Wireless access and supporting devices and applications
- College degree and/or 4-6 years equivalent related Fixed Wireless/Network Engineering/technical experience.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP routing and protocols (BGP, OSPF, subnetting).
- Strong knowledge of Layer2 network protocols (STP, VLANs, Ethernet, LACP).
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS and/or Nokia router/switch troubleshooting and configuration.
- Experience with Ciena Z-series packet transport.
- Experience with DSL network and customer configuration and support.
- Experience with WiFi configuration and management
- Experience with SNMP based monitoring tools and applications
- Experience with fixed wireless broadband Point to point and point to multipoint (Radwin, Ceragon, Siklu) is preferred. Willingness to learn is a requirement!
- Strong computer skills in a Windows PC/Server LAN environment.
- Strong skills working in Visio with ability to create and understand network diagrams and topology
- Strong organizational skills
- Project Management experience
- Individual must be Self Motivated able to work in a Team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work load, and deliver against tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent phone and people skills.
- 25% or less travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 1530 DeltaCom Drive |US|Alabama|Anniston\
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.