NonCert Sterile Processing Tech AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Nights 11p-7:30a, 40 Hours Per Week. Must be able to work weekends on a rotating basis.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service: Patient First/Service Management/Standards of Excellence
• Supports the hospital’s service management program.
• Demonstrates UCH pride by providing courteous service, assisting lost guests, and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
• Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
• Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone.
• Prioritizes work through utilization of resource lists.
Processes instruments, trays and equipment.
• Separates and prepares contaminated supplies for cleaning.
• Disassembles, cleans, disinfects and accurately reassembles contaminated instruments and equipment according to product guidelines.
• Prepares, inspects and assembles trays and equipment according to written procedures and infection control guidelines.
• Wraps, labels and seals supplies in accordance to product type.
• Operates and monitors decontamination equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
Sterilizes instruments and trays.
• Loads sterilizer carts in accordance with guidelines.
• Operates and monitors sterilizers, aerators and heat sealers according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Follows guidelines and procedures for sterilization documentation.
• Cleans sterilizers, carts and carriages according to departmental policy.
Demonstrates personal accountability.
• Completes daily work routinely and assists others as time allows.
Fosters interpersonal relationships by establishing rapport with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates quality in work at any assignment.
• Recognized by coworkers for dependability.
• Follows through on all customer requests.
People: Cooperation, Collaboration, Diversity, Teamwork
• Builds positive productive work relationships.
Demonstrates positive behaviors that reflect understanding and support of the organizational mission.
• Follows through on daily resource list. Checks in loaner s and reports discrepancies.
Finance: Cost Reduction, Expense Management, and Effective use of Supplies
• Promotes effective use of supplies and identifies cost reduction strategies
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
• Prolonged standing.
• Ability to function independently.
• Basic computer skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school graduate or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION:
i.e. vision, values, etc.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Responsible for processing and sterilizing medical/surgical supplies and equipment
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.