Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Neuro Intensive Care Department as a Nursing Supervisor.
The address is 1304 Pennsylvania Ave; Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $37.34/hr. to Max. $56.32/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Full-time, 36 hours/week, Shift is night-shift, 7pm-7am; (3) 8 hour shifts of clinical time;
12 hours administrative time; variable during day time hours, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Fort Worth, a Magnet designated Hospital, is conveniently located close to downtown Fort Worth. Our 22 bed Neuro Surgical Intensive Care Unit is a fast paced environment and our candidate must exhibit flexibility, strong and effective communication skills, teamwork, time management, and knowledge of highly critical patient population with confidence and skill.
The essential job duties of this position are:
• Provides bedside leadership and clinical expertise to improve quality of patient care
• Responsible for assisting the manager/director with human resource management to include
Evaluations, coaching, mentoring, recruitment, retention, education and orientation.
• Works with manager/director to control costs and manage department budget and productivity.
• Fosters an environment to promote patient and family centered care through purposeful hourly rounding, bedside shift report, updated care boards, and leader rounds.
• Collaborates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to promote safe individualized care as well as promoting accountability in enhancing the patient experience.
• Assimilates leadership responsibilities on the unit and throughout the entity and/or system.
• Commits to autonomous maintenance and continuous improvement of competence and serves as a role model to other healthcare team members.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 6 month of hire
• Two (2) years’ experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor)
• ICU experience strongly preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Registered Nurse Certified