About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Job Summary: To assist management in maintaining or improving cleanliness quality through inspections, training and employee accountability, including employee counseling or disciplining. Supervisors must build upon established employee or customer relationships, improve employee morale, and help develop subordinates on a continuous basis.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily inspections for quality and safety. Make necessary corrections.
- Understand all employee work assignments and schedule for adequate coverage.
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow recommended training process.
- Maintain effective business relationship with staff. Build upon and develop employee satisfaction and knowledge.
- Enforce department policies, follow up on daily assignments, and conduct counseling or disciplinary action.
- Maintain loyalty and honesty with employees, peers, customers and managers.
- Monitor special projects and on-call or new employees.
- Tour areas of responsibilities at least 2-4 times daily. Initiate or ensure corrective action is taken.
- Audit building keys, pagers, and payroll on a daily basis.
- Ensure all projects, maintenance, or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution.
- Control supply inventories and distribute equipment effectively.
- Supervise equipment performance and make necessary corrections.
- Assist in performing employee performance evaluations and make recommendations on employee performance ratings.
- Observe and report the need of furniture or other building fixtures repairs.
- When necessary, complete custodial work assignments.
- In case of emergency, perform all duties as assigned.
- Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
- Complete all other assigned tasks by management in which the employee is capable of performing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to initiate and maintain good customer and co-worker relationships in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to follow oral or written instructions and directions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English and Spanish).
- Must have the ability to supervise others, demonstrate "quality customer service", and good human relations skills.
- Pays special attention to detail.