To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Subpoena Specialst I
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 5 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To analyze subpoenas and requests for information received from law enforcement, investigative agencies, attorneys, and other relevant parties. Compile data/records in various formats, and send responses in compliance with Federal and state law. Work directly with law enforcement and attorneys to clarify and negotiate subpoena scope. Serve as liaison among business units in all subpoena matters including, but not limited to: Office of General Counsel, Compliance, outside counsel, and law enforcement. Mitigate legal, financial, and reputational risk to Navy Federal through strict compliance with relevant law, court orders, guidelines, and policy.
- Analyze subpoena documents received and compare with existing Navy Federal records to identify impacted member account(s)
- Identify, research, and interpret applicable Federal and state laws pertaining to request received
- Analyze information requested to assess scope; ascertain appropriate resources to efficiently obtain records
- Escalate high priority and high risk requests to senior staff and/or supervisor(s) for review/action
- Serve as liaison with Office of General Counsel, court officials, US Attorneys, and/or other relevant contacts for legal matters involving subpoenas
- Summarize depositions and other related legal proceedings; conduct investigations and maintain statistical/documentary research
- Serve as witness on behalf of Navy Federal to authenticate records and provide information in court proceedings, under penalty of perjury
- Respond to routine and urgent requests for document production, compiling and organizing information as required to meet timeliness and other legal requirements
- Utilize high degree of discretion in responding to grand jury subpoenas and federal agency
- Apply in-depth knowledge of multiple systems of Navy Federal records to obtain requested account information/documentation
- View video and phone records to determine relevant requested documentation; copy responsive portions of video and calls to encrypted CD for response
- Redact Personally Identifiable Information and non-responsive information from materials produced while exercising a high degree of discretion
- Maintain copy of response for Navy Federal records
- Manage workload and priorities to ensure court-imposed and other legal deadlines are met and assigned documents receive appropriate response, in a fast-paced environment
- Calculate and create bill for reimbursable costs associated with subpoena response; track receipt of payment
- Coordinate with Branch Operations management to schedule court appearances of Member Service Representatives
- Recommend and implement technical/electronic enhancements to improve operations
- Serve as resource for the resolution of complex and/or unique problems
- Respond to subpoena-related phone calls and convey pertinent information
- Notarize legal documents certifying accuracy and validity of subpoena responses
- Create correspondence, memoranda reports, and/or other documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, criminal justice, business, banking, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Advanced skill in comprehending, analyzing, applying and communicating complex written legal documents
- Experience reviewing and responding to subpoenas and related documents
- Advanced knowledge of Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Working knowledge of unauthorized practice of law
- Significant experience communicating with attorneys, court representatives, law enforcement, and agency officials
- Advanced knowledge of document control and document security measures
- Significant experience working with urgent court-imposed deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Effective skill in research, analysis, problem solving, and decision making
- Significant experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
- Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, and vendors
- Advanced skill in understanding, explaining, and applying regulations, instructions, and procedures
- Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
- Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
- Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
- Advanced skill exercising discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Advanced skill navigating multiple systems and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
- Paralegal Certificate
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
- Commission as Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Experience in composing corporate correspondence that adheres to Navy Federal writing style and standards
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 5:30pm Eastern Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability