To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fremont, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Independent Sales Rep Fremont, CA
McLane Company • Fremont, CA
Posted 17 days ago
This position is responsible for developing profitable new business as well as growing sales in existing assigned accounts in a specified geographical area for primarily independent and smaller group customers defined as less than five stores. The Independent Sales Representative also participates with the sales team to respond to customer needs, monitor accounts receivable and build strong customer relations while controlling expenses within budget guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Achieve and/or exceed sales, APSW, and gross margin budget.
- Ensure all new and existing accounts have the following criteria or items in place:
- McLane credit qualifications and policies.
- Mutual understanding with assigned customers as to sales plans presented and any other financial considerations, such as incentive rebates or allowances.
- Maintains or exceeds current division gross profit, per stop standards.
- Accounts are sold through approved billing plans.
- Account does not require unusual high expenses to service with less than division operating income as a result.
- Accounts meet minimum order size requirements.
- Ensure new and existing accounts meet McLane credit and accounts receivable guidelines.
- Review accounts receivables on a weekly basis and take appropriate action to keep customers within terms.
- Follow-up on all A/R issues with the Controller and Section Sales Manager per the requirements set forth by the Finance Department.
- Evaluate and understand all competitors? strengths, weaknesses, financials, technology, new initiatives and limitations within their defined territory.
- Evaluate customer sales, APSW and gross margin to maximize budgeted goals through the following activities:
- Conduct a weekly review of order frequency, order size and concentration of purchases.
- Review item selection versus industry/market/competition/season and make recommendations on item selection, plan-o-grams and promotional planning or distribution guidelines.
- Tour non-C-store outlets for potential new items or categories.
- Monitor and secure documented competitive wholesale pricing and services.
- Communicate on an agreed upon frequency with storeowners through phone calls, e-mail, letters, and onsite meetings.
- Sell new business concepts of McLane Company in assigned accounts that include: SMS-online, VTS, Salado Sales, McLane technology solutions, and all McLane sales initiatives.
- Participate in divisional projects to include seasonal load change communications and other projects necessary to provide excellent communication and follow-up resulting in enhanced customer perception of McLane.
- Understand the information and reports available to assist in managing assigned accounts.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of McLane and specific customers; work schedules may include working early mornings and overnight shifts in order to meet customer demands.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head periodically.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree.
- Have a minimum experience in sales and/or customer service experience.
- Have a minimum experience in McLane Company of 2 years.
- Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint PC programs.
- Be able to work with and communicate with many different reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store managers), drivers, customer service, and peers.
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to travel as required.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Possess a valid driver?s license and a good driving record.
- Be able to successfully pass an experience verification, drug screen and criminal background check.
- The work conditions are primarily in a retail setting of a customer store, vehicle, or occassionally in an office environment.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).