To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MI 48309
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Director Residence Life
Oakland University • Rochester, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Reporting to the Director of University Housing, the Assistant Director for Residence Life is responsible to develop and support the educational and community environment in the residence halls, on-campus apartments and Greek cottages through program development, coordination and supervision of professional, graduate and undergraduate student staff, student counseling, mediation, conflict resolution, crisis response, student conduct and student and professional staff recruitment, training and development.
Oakland University Housing has experienced dynamic growth over the last eight years, moving from an occupancy of 1,500 residents in 2010 to 3,300 residents in fall 2018. We believe the central reason for this growth resulted from a shift from an administrative focus to a developmental student-centered focus in how we conduct ourselves. This is a high impact, highly collaborative position touching all areas within University Housing, Student Affairs, and a variety of offices across campus.
- Recruit, select, train, supervise and evaluate 2 Master's level Area Directors, 6 Master's level professional Residence Directors, graduate and undergraduate (200+) student staff (oversight in combination with clear delegation of annul processes). (25%)
- Provide intervention assistance, counseling, and mediation to residents and resident staff in living environment conflicts and other behavioral concerns. Oversight and direction of the residential conduct process, including appeals of RD level hearings. Serve in on-call rotation for crisis response. (25%)
- Develop, implement, and evaluate residence life programs which provide leadership training, community involvement, and developmental growth opportunities for resident students and resident staff through programming, RHA, NRHH, etc. (20%)
- Serve on a variety of university committees throughout the division of Student Affairs as well as cross divisional committees in order to serve as a clear communication conduit throughout the department. Serve on search committees and/or in various liaison roles which request or require as Housing Administrative Professional. (20%)
- Participation in the planning and implementation of departmental administrative policies, procedures and processes that directly impact current and future residential students. (10%)