Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Builds and maintains relationship with customers. Act as the HPS lead to organize and prepare quotation proposals and review customer orders for acceptance. Coordinate technical, commercial, export, and import requirements. Provide support and back up to field sales and customers on product needs. Be the first point of contact for customers. Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives. Research and resolve Accounts Receivable issues, investigate and resolve issues related to return goods, credits, and warranties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own a set of international accounts or territory with the objective of providing outstanding service.
- Review quotation requests promptly, secure competitive feedback as available, and if applicable submit quotation requests to the Business Units with pertinent comments.
- Organize and review all bids with special, non standard commercial bid requirements (i.e.; terms and conditions, warranty clauses). Recommend HPS modifications and obtain approvals.
- Work as a liaison among Engineering, Marketing, Field Sales, and HPS customers regarding product requirements, application questions, and problems.
- Prepare final quotation to customers, including organizing commercial, technical, export, and import requirements.
- Develop close, cooperative relationships with Sales Representatives and support efforts to develop and grow international accounts.
- Keep International Sales Representatives and Managers informed regarding all important quotations, significant purchase orders, returned goods requests and any other important transactions.
- Oversee review of purchase orders to ensure requirements are adequately defined and documented; differences are resolved prior to order entry and HPS has the capability to meet contractual requirements.
- Coordinate resolution to customer complaints, warranty replacements, return goods and any discrepancies.
- Resolve credit and accounts receivable issues.
- Responsible for accuracy and professionalism of all documents related to the Account agreements.
- Responsible for other tasks, as assigned.
Skills and Experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business-related trips; ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to communicate effectively; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
BA/BS in Business or Marketing related fields and 2-4 years customer service experience preferred
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning order acceptance and entry
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning credits, warranties, returned goods, sample orders, etc.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with teams, individuals, and customers in a diverse and cross-functional environment
FOREIGN LANGUAGES (DESIRED)
- Fluency in Spanish or French
Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Attention To Detail