About Newmark (Nasdaq: NMRK)
Newmark Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries ("Newmark"), is a world leader in commercial real estate services, with a comprehensive suite of investor/owner and occupier services and products. Our integrated platform seamlessly powers every phase of owning or occupying a property. Our services are tailored to every type of client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, growing startups to leading companies. Harnessing the power of data, technology, and industry expertise, we bring ingenuity to every exchange, and imagination to every space. To learn more, visit nmrk.com or follow @newmark
This role will be dedicated to Silverstein Capital Partners ("SCP").
Silverstein Capital Partners ("SCP") is the lending arm of Silverstein Properties Inc. SCP provides financing for all major product types in growing urban markets throughout North America. Leveraging over 50 years of real estate experience, SCP provides senior loans, bridge loans, subordinate loans, and rescue capital to borrowers on shovel-ready ground-up construction, heavy value-add repositioning, land, and inventory loans.
Provides financial analyses, project management, analytical decision support services, and technical expertise for a broad array of financial analysis initiatives. Designs and builds sophisticated financial models based on diverse data sets, in order to facilitate strategic decision making. Interpretation and presentation of reports and analyses to senior leadership.
Essential Job Duties:
* Performs complex financial research work and prepares analyses of subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investment, and financial and expense performance comparisons.
* Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions, including joint venture investments with multiple partners, preferred return hurdles and promote structures.
* Read and abstract financial legal documents to gather pertinent deal structure information for financial modeling; including carve-outs, cash distributions, capital distributions and tax implications.
* Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions.
* Develops and analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, revenue and expenditures.
* Provide high-level financial analysis and development budgets to senior managers and leadership.
* Write and deliver formal presentations and offering memorandums of analytic findings, recommendations, and pitch content on behalf of senior managers and clients.
* Manages outsourcing of select financial analysis to internal Newmark financial services team and outcomes.
* Project management responsibilities including tracking and reporting on the analyst team's workload to management on a weekly basis and the production of weekly call materials, agendas and presentation content to clients
* Participates in the review of new deals/transactions and management in the development of a financial plan.
* Analyzes the financial feasibility of proposed development projects.
* Conducts market research to forecast and analyze trends of general business conditions.
* Evaluates present and proposed financial programs through statistical analysis and interpretation of short- and long-term trend data.
* Conducts research and preparation of financial information for acquisitions and due diligence.
* Participate in project teams, as necessary, to facilitate process improvements and address changing business requirements.
Other Job Functions:
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience.
* 8+ years of extensive financial analyses and data management knowledge - prior experience in the commercial real estate industry required.
* Extensive experience with developing financial models, cash flows, NPV & IRR analysis and capital planning.
* Experience with ARGUS required.
* Proficiency with PC applications such as Microsoft Excel with strong financial modeling skills.
* Public accounting experience a plus; development or investment analyst experience required.
* Strong consulting, oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a complex team environment
* Ability to work under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines.
* Ability to work a demanding schedule and the ability to potential travel for client meetings.
Benefits and Perks:
* Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
* Generous healthcare
* Bright Horizons back-up care program
* Generous paid time off
* Education reimbursement
* Referral Program
* Opportunities to network and connect
* Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Accounting Control
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Capital Budgeting