The commercial loan officer develops new construction and commercial real estate loan business and manages a portfolio of assigned commercial loans. The incumbent recommends approval of construction and real estate loans and is the primary contact between the borrower and the bank. The commercial loan officer advises prospects on loan status and approvals and works closely with the commercial credit department to maintain loan quality and ensure the timely and accurate disposition of loan requests.
• Develop new business by meeting with prospective commercial customers within the target market.
• Meet with applicants to obtain information; compile and analyze data for loan requests; submit applications to credit analysts for preparation of financial analysis and approval recommendations.
• Recommend products and services to potential borrowers and handle inquiries from applicants including explanation of the loan requirements and process.
• Screen loan requests from based on bank policies and procedures and on types of loans offered.
• Prepare loan proposals and packages in accordance with bank standards for presentation to senior management, loan committee and the board of directors.
• Confer and work closely with credit analysts to expeditiously decision loan requests.
• Present loan recommendations to senior credit committee.
• Build in-depth knowledge of each assigned loan relationship understanding strengths and weaknesses of borrower and risk to bank.
• Inform borrowers of loan commitments and, advise and explain loan terms and conditions; ensure timely receipt of loan payments; and assist in obtaining proper documentation to secure and substantiate loan.
• Maintain an assigned portfolio of borrowing relationships ensuring adherence to quality and risk standards determined by the bank.
• Build customer relationships by cross selling bank products and services.
• Communicate with people within and outside the organization on a regular basis including regulators, auditors, customers, attorneys, and the general public.
• Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and training, obtaining relevant professional certifications, reviewing professional publications and books, establishing personal networks, participating in professional associations, and staying informed of any legal, policy and procedural changes relating to construction and commercial real estate lending.
• Keep informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices, and assess the potential impact on processes and procedures.
• Dedication to meeting the needs of clients.
• Willingness to be accountable and take ownership of assigned roles and responsibilities.
• Using time effectively and efficiently, valuing the time of others, and concentrating efforts on important priorities and activities.
• Strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties.
• Using critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Thorough analysis of information and use of logic to address complexity of data and information.
• Developing constructive and cooperative relationships with others.
• High level of coordination, organization, planning, and prioritization of work, and management of one’s own time.
• Honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior, the consideration of ethical standards before making decisions, and keeping promises.
• Keeping confidences, operating at the highest standard of confidentiality, and behaving in a manner that engenders trust and openness.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
• Five years of experience in commercial lending with at least 3 years of experience in construction lending.
• Formal credit training.
Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong knowledge of construction and real estate lending best practices and principles.
• Strong knowledge of selling practices and activities.
• Strong knowledge of credit underwriting practices, policies, and standards.
• Knowledge of principles and practices to ascertain and assess customer needs, meet quality standards of customer service, and evaluate customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of economic, accounting, and finance principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including proficiency in Word and Excel.
• High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to collaborate and relate well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships, and use tact and diplomacy to handle situations comfortably.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret legal documents, governmental regulations, and professional publications.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from senior management, attorneys, vendors, government agents, and the general public.
• Ability to speak and write clearly in order to effectively convey information so that others understand and as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time up to 80% of work hours.
• Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
• Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information.
• Ability to read a computer screen at a close distance.
• Ability to read, talk clearly so that others understand, hear, comprehend the written and spoken word, and see.
• Ability to use telephone to communicate with others.
• Ability to use office equipment such as personal computer, telephone, mobile device, copier, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. at least 10% of work hours.
• Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Hardworking And Dedicated