Sr. Accountant / Financial AnalystCompensation:
$70000.00 to $90000.00 yearly
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a leading specialty insurance company seeking a Senior Accountant - Financial Analyst II who will be preparing and reviewing the department’s complex accounting entries related to our program business partners within areas such as receivables, revenue, losses, commissions, reinsurance, inter-company transactions. This position plays an integral role in the completion of the department’s responsibilities related to financial reporting to regulatory authorities, international parent company and internal management. This role will also assist in the documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls and will monitor compliance with internal controls. In addition, the Senior Accountant II will be involved in other Accounting department related initiatives and projects as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the accurate and timely journal entries and analysis of key program business partners financial results by preparing and reviewing accounting entries and financial analysis within a reporting period.
* Manage the financial impacts relating to key program business partners by understanding key data points and explaining key financial indicators within the data points analyzed
* Share the impacts and drivers within financial results to key business partners and key stakeholders within cross functional teams, both via presentation as well as in written communication updates.
* Monitor, prepare and/or review more complex account reconciliations and gets involved in ad hoc analyses, accounting research, financial statement preparation and review, and other accounting initiatives and projects as needed.
* Maintain and monitor compliance with end to end processes and internal controls
*Proactively identify, research, and develop solutions for accounting issues, documenting applicable accounting guidance in memos, and providing on the job training to team members on accounting issues and end to end accounting processes.
* Demonstrate leadership in collaborating, coordinating, and driving quality processes related to financial reporting.
* Build strong expertise and capabilities in Insurance, GAAP, and IFRS Accounting bases through on the job training, and by attending training and development opportunities both inside and outside of work.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience is required
* Advanced degree and/or CPA or CFA, or Insurance Certification is preferred
* 5 - 7 years of financial experience within business and operational teams, understanding and analyzing financial results of key segments or program business
* Strong GAAP, Statutory, and IFRS accounting knowledge and on the job experience with recording complex ledger transactions, developing and/or reviewing complex reconciliations, and understanding end to end sub ledger functions across various transaction streams including cash, receivables, payables, premiums, reinsurance, investments, and losses
* Experience in documenting and evaluating end to end business processes and internal controls
* Experience using data mining and reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, COGNOS Advance and Oracle Sequel or similar programs
* Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral) both with financial and non-financial stakeholders
* Agility and ability to work in ambiguous situations and have results within time-frames needed to make key financial decisions on financial reporting results
* Proficient with all other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint) including Microsoft Excel use of macros, pivot tables, and other Excel advanced functions
* Detailed oriented, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task work
* Strong team orientation, collaborating with co-workers
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Accountant / Financial Analyst.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
International Financial Reporting Standards