Opportunitieswith Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of acollaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatmentcommunities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for thebetter. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care forthem – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner.Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-basedproviders and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions getthe right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Ourpersonalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medicationmanagement – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Werecently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optumand UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leadinginformation and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to makingthe health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why acareer with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life'sbest work.SM
Undergeneral supervision of the CMC Supervisor, The Consumer Medication Coordinatorwill enroll consumers and educate them on the Genoa medication coordination andcompliance services.
This position is Part-Time Monday - Friday 24 hours a week.
Major Duties &Responsibilities:
- Communicate with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enroll consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer’s insurance card.
- Facilitate the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed.
- Compliance monitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomy for consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa schedule blood draws and sends s- amples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medication delivery when needed and appropriate
- Check for expiration dates (both on consumer’s medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensure that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc).
- Take back expired or discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearly labeled by a pharmacy)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license is required
Educational or SkillsRequirements:
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an EqualEmployment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disabilitystatus, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required topass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: pharmacy, technician,retail, customer service, PTCB, pharmaceutical