The Human Resources Generalist will support the two Viant Medical Grand Rapids locations.
Our sites have 400+ employees and manufactures medical device products for surgical technologies. The HR Generalist will report to the Sr. HR Manager at the Watson Street location.
Our vision is on enhancing the customer experience by building true business partnerships and our business though, Teamwork, Being Agile, having Personal Integrity, Owning It and Recognizing the Success of others because Together We Are In It For Life.
The Human Resources Generalist helps to manage the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist carries out
responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, organizational development, training and development, compensation, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, Human Resources Information Systems, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
This position is onsite 5 days a week.
Main Job Responsibilities:
* The Human Resources Generalist will ensures roles are filled in a timely, cost effective manner with high quality candidates, consistent with company policies and practices and legal considerations. Work with hiring supervisors and managers to assess staffing requirements; develop cost effective recruiting and screening strategies; and make appropriate hiring recommendations.
* Proactively address associate engagement and facilitate activities to improve such in coordination with site leadership.
* Facilitate resolution of employee relations issues. Identify and partner with internal resources to assist in addressing issues. Counsel managers or employees consistent with Viant policies/practices, legal considerations, etc.
* Conducting new hire orientation and onboarding process for all employees
* Processes terminations, including exit interviews, appropriate system changes and analysis of data
* Point of contact for all employees on questions and issues such as policies, benefit enrollment options, claims processing, locker assignments, etc.
* Assists with coordinating companywide meetings, all employee meetings, open enrollment meetings and Human Resources programs and activities
* Assist in the preparation of attendance tracking reports and attendance corrective process
* Maintains the latest knowledge base of Human Resources legal issues and ensures the organization's adherence to all relevant employment laws/practices
* Bachelor's Degree in business, Human Resources or a related field preferred.
* 2+ years' experience working with various roles and areas of Human Resources
* Experience in payroll processing, staffing/recruitment, benefits administration, performance management systems, employee relations, training and individual and organizational development
* Human Resources Capacity
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Project Management
* Communication Proficiency
* Ethical Conduct
* Time Management
* Customer Focused
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Ability to interact with employees within all levels of the organization
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits-effective on date of hire
* Generous paid time off benefits and 11 paid Holidays
* Company-paid life insurance
* 401k plan with company match
* Up to $150-off your gym membership annually
* Discounted Pet Insurances for your furry friends
* Access to individualized financial planning meetings
* Employee Discount Program with savings on electronics, home goods, gym equipment, and more
* Discounted family caregiving support
* Tuition Reimbursement
* On-site Training Programs
* Defined Career Path for advancement in role and compensation
Viant is a global medical device design and manufacturing services provider that partners and innovates with customers to provide the highest quality, life enhancing medical devices. We do this through our depth and breadth of capabilities, end-to-end integration, technical expertise, and relentless focus on our customers and on operational excellence. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24 locations worldwide, we offer a unique combination of small-company service and attention with big-company resources. For more information, visit viantmedical.com or follow us on LinkedIn. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
* Pay Type Salary
* Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Agile Methodology
- Claim Processing
- Customer Experience