Amalgamated Bank is seeks a full-time Lead Internal Auditor to be responsible for leading and executing internal audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute audit programs in a timely manner and in accordance with internal audit policies, procedures, methodologies, regulatory requirements and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provide input and assist in the identification of relevant regulatory requirements for incorporation as part of the audit scope and work program.
- Interact with management and staff to obtain an understanding of relevant risks, controls and processes.
- Communicate and discuss findings with business unit management.
- Develop audit reports which identify deficiencies and underlying root causes; provide recommendations to mitigate/address deficiencies while adding value to the organization.
- Conduct research and successfully complete assigned training requirements necessary to maintain relevance.
- Supervise the work of staff auditors by reviewing work papers and providing constructive guidance to develop staff capabilities.
- Work closely with business units at all levels to develop recommendations for audit findings, business process optimization, internal control and compliance.
- Report audit findings and recommendations based on audit results.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of deficiencies noted during audits.
- Participate in the development and update of Internal Audit’s risk assessment process and related audit plans.
- Perform annual testing of the Bank’s internal controls over financial reporting (SOX).
- Assist external auditors in their completion of the financial statement audit, as needed.
- Establish budgets and control project hours to meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field of study, e.g. accounting, finance, business, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in internal or external auditing
- Strong planning skills necessary to ensure the effective and timely completion of assignments
- Solid written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Strong analytical skills necessary to facilitate informed decision-making about issues at hand
- Strong risk assessment skills and the ability to apply those skills sets in the development of engagement scopes/surveys, and work programs
- Knowledge of the IIA Standards
- Ability to work in a team and adapt in a changing environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Capacity to take initiative: identifies new ways to approach existing processes, maintains an ownership approach to problem-solving, and commits to ensuring auditing best practices are in place
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Financial services and public accounting experience preferred
- Data analytics experience a plus
Amalgamated Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disability / Veterans https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
View our Pay Transparency Statement:
Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.