UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 40,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider – one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Aetna and Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Benefits of America
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave - 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave - 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee's 6% contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
- Pet Plan Insurance
Execute the safe, effective and code compliant design of electrical systems supporting new natural gas related infrastructure projects. Typical projects include RNG production facilities, LNG liquefaction plants, LNG vaporization plants, natural gas metering and regulating stations, and natural gas compressor stations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design new power distribution systems including the specification of major equipment like transformers, MCC’s, generators, motors, VFDs, power panels, UPS, etc. Generate or review design documentation including equipment drawings/specifications, single lines, load lists, hazardous area classifications, cable and conduit schedules, panel schedules, grounding plans, lighting plans, etc.
- Oversee and assist in the specification of instrumentation and control systems like transmitters, switches, PLC panels and components, etc. Review instrumentation and control design documentation including instrument loop sheets, cable and conduit schedules, PLC layouts, control narratives, PLC programming, HMI programming, etc.
- Assist in the construction, installation and commissioning of power and instrumentation/control systems as described above. Provide technical support for the Operations group on the continued safe operation of commissioned facilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of relevant codes and standards, particularly NFPA 70 and 70E, and all referenced codes therein. Additional familiarity with 49 CFR Parts 192 and 193, ASME B31.8, NFPA 59A, API RP 500 and IEC standards desired.
- Proficient in interpreting electrical schematics (e.g., panel drawings) and process schematics (e.g., P&IDs).
- Strong communication skills and an eagerness to work closely with other colleagues in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required. Proficiency with Allen Bradley Control/GaurdLogix preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar required.
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical facility design experience required. Preference given to applicants with experience in the natural gas industry, process design, cryogenics, gas compression, or similar.
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Auto Cad
- Cladding (Construction)