About Working at Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
As a Loss Mitigation Specialist, you'll perform the day-to-day processes related to the collections, foreclosure/real estate owned (REO), and bankruptcy functions. The primary focus of this position will be to execute the tasks necessary to mitigate the bank’s loss exposure on defaulted loans in accordance with investor, state and federal laws, regulatory agencies, and company policies.
- Contact customers to remedy delinquency or non-payments, employ appropriate collection alternatives to resolve delinquencies, fully document collection efforts and perform timely follow up on customer repayment commitments while meeting productivity and delinquency ratio goals established by management
- Work with customers to negotiate workouts, including restructuring, modifications, short payoffs and deeds in lieu, analyze financial statements and appraisals, actively monitor Loss Mitigation cases and fully document and perform timely follow up on customer repayment commitments
- Work directly with investors, private mortgage insurers, and government agencies to fulfill reporting requirements and obtain approvals
- Review loans for consideration of Foreclosure action, ensure that all efforts to cure have been exhausted and all investor, private mortgage insurer, HUD, and state/federal requirements have been met
- Prepare Foreclosure Recommendation and submit to senior management for approval, review legal documents and progress of each loan in foreclosure and contact legal counsel to resolve issues. fully document activities in Foreclosure/REO Workstations and promptly and accurately prepare mortgage insurance claims.
- Work directly with vendors to procure completion of property preservation items and ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and in full compliance with company and investor requirements
- Procure and review BPOs/Appraisals, listing agreements, contracts, and other pertinent items related to disposing of bank owned real estate. Make recommendations to senior servicing managers and work directly with bank management on disposition of properties
- Support RLPS & CLS staff in handing of foreclosures and REOs
- Set up loans in bankruptcy in Bankruptcy Station, actively review progress of loans in bankruptcy to ensure all investor, state/federal timelines and requirement are being followed and submit files to legal counsel and work directly with attorneys and/or bankruptcy trustees to resolve issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills & Abilities Required
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex legal documents and perform a wide variety of tasks to ensure full compliance with company policy, procedures, and all applicable legal requirements
- Understanding of FNMA and Freddie Mac regulations
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify and resolve exceptions and interpret data
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in collections.
- 2 years experience in real estate loss mitigation preferred.
- 2 years experience in foreclosures, REO, and bankruptcy preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School diploma required with college degree preferred
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
- Loss Mitigation
- Mortgage Loans
- Attention To Detail