Business Intelligence Developer 3 - Business Intelligence * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req1412
FTE status: 1
Join Metro Health - University of Michigan Health's Business Intelligence team to serve the health system and community by expanding and improving our Enterprise Analytics and Quality Reporting. This position reports to the Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics, designs, builds and supports business intelligence and analytics initiatives to enhance departmental and organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety, with a primary focus on Quality Metrics and Inpatient reporting. This developer will would work closely with other Information Technology staff to plan and implement strategies, design, test and implement reports and data extracts from Epic software application and assist in the analysis, planning, design, creation, and maintenance of simplex to complex reports and database projects. This role will also write Structured Query Language (SQL) queries against a complex data model, collaborate with end-users to understand reporting requirements and specifications, and ensure that the data used for statistical reporting is creditable. We are looking for individuals with expertise with:
SQL Server Integration Services/ETL
Microsoft SQL Server (2014 version or newer)
Database, Data Warehouse and Data Mart Architecture, Design and Modeling
Clarity Clinical Data Model Certification or Clarity Inpatient Data Model Certification reporting
Microsoft Excel and Pivot Tables
SQL Server Reporting
Also helpful is:
Use and understanding of SQL Server Analysis Services
Microsoft Access Forms
Caboodle Development Certification or Caboodle Administration Certificate
Caboodle Data Model reporting
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in one or more of the roles listed below, or ten years of commensurate experience.
- This position requires experience with an in depth knowledge of Crystal Report Development, SQL script development, SSIS package development, SSAS development, and an operational understanding of the components of the technologies that support a hospital system.
- In addition, skills in Epic Clarity report development preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills are required in the functional areas above.
Essential Functions for All Programmer Analyst Responsibilities/Assignments:
- Conducts analysis of departmental, organizational, and individual information needs relative to specific assignments.
- Analyzes system performance, data integrity and security requirements in development and resolution work.
- Participates in the analysis of system backup, restoration and disaster recovery planning and strategic direction.
- Participates in the development of system architecture and design.
- Coordinates closely with Project Managers and other Information Technology staff in project management and resource coordination.
- Collaborates with user department staff, vendors, Information Technology staff and others as appropriate to facilitate effective system, organizational and departmental operations.
- Installs or participates in the installation of system and application installations, upgrades.
- Documents all phases of project and product life cycles.
- Cross trains team and department members in the support of tools developed.
- Provides technical assistance in resolving developed tools issues
- Remains abreast of healthcare industry trends advancement and climate.
- Remains technically current in areas specifically assigned.
- Establishes and continues development toward personal career goals.
- Investigates new uses of current or future system development and support tools to facilitate accomplishment of corporate strategic goals.
- Develops or participates in development of reports, interfaces, queries, forms, workflows, scripts, databases, browser-based and/or client server applications, and system testing strategies.
- Supports and educates others in support of applications and tools developed, as well as third party applications assigned.
- SQL and other report development.
- SSIS package development and deployment.
- SSAS Cube development and implementation.
- Workflow analysis, development and workflow forms design.
- Participates in support of applications that require scripting methodologies.
- Assists in any other activity as assigned
Category: Information Technology
Sql Server Reporting Services
Sql Server Integration Services
Sql Server Analysis Services
Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)