At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Diagnoses and performs involved maintenance and repair on all types of vehicles and construction equipment.
II. Summary of Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- General knowledge and ability to operate and maintain/repair various equipment including aerial devices, cranes, bulldozers, and various other machinery.
- Assist lower/junior classified employees, coordinates and inspects work as required.
- Inspects, diagnoses, performs general services and repairs including preventative maintenance to all types of motor vehicles, transportation, construction and related specialized equipment including new technology. (For example, HVAC, Fabrication)
- Inspects and maintains safe work area/environment/tools and reports hazardous or abnormal conditions.
- Accurately assists in issuance of orders and stock inventory as necessary.
- May prepare and maintain various records on vehicle and equipment maintenance as required. Responsible for completing clerical and administrative functions as required.
- Accountable for ensuring the security and use of all Company-owned tools and equipment aligned with Pepco Holdings programs and procedures.
- Responsible for environmental compliance.
- Maintain fuel island using appropriate service methods and procedures.
- High School Diploma or job related technical field or technical diploma in Mechanical repair or the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, electrical and mechanical problems on transportation and heavy construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts)
- Extensive experience performing corrective and/or preventative maintenance on transportation and heavy construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Extensive experience operating all types of transportation and construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Experience demonstrating skill preparing and maintaining various records on vehicle and equipment maintenance, including completing administrative functions, as required
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and/or e-mail software
- Experience demonstrating skill meeting deadlines, while managing multiple priorities and implementing successful solutions in a constantly changing environment
- Experience demonstrating skill working in a team environment as well as provide on the job knowledge sharing as required
- Experience demonstrating skill effectively communicating verbally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to travel and work at various Pepco Holdings locations
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, including during emergencies working overtime, weekends, holidays as required
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs and squatting).
- Ability and willingness performing a second role in accordance with Pepco Holdings Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees
- Ability and willingness to comply with Federal, State, local and company safety requirements
- Must possess a valid CDL Class 'A' with required endorsements to include HAZMAT, Airbrake and combination vehicle OR the ability and willingness to obtain a valid CDL within six (6) months of entry into the position
- Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain and maintain ASE certification in the areas listed below within 2 years of entry into the position:
Master Medium/Heavy Vehicle Technician series T1 through T8:
T1 - Gasoline Engine
T2 - Diesel Engine
T3 - Drive Train
T4 - Brakes
T5 - Suspension and Steering
T6 - Electrical/Electronic System
T7 - Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
T8 - Preventative Maintenance Inspection
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a criminal records check for felony convictions, if applicable.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]