This is a senior leadership staff position responsible for aggressively leading the growth strategy, plan implementation, strategic due diligence and business development transactions for Company divisional programming including, Juvenile Justice, Maternal Health and Prevention Services, and the development of the Company Center of Excellence. Provide operational oversight, direction, performance management and improvement, community outreach, marketing, quality assurance, P&L accountability, and progressive leadership for the assigned divisional programming. Company executive leadership reserves the right to expand programmatic oversight as needed to suit client and agency needs.
To be successful in this position you must consistently be able to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Functions within agency's policies and procedures as outlined on agency public documents.
- Meets management requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectation section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets administrative oversight requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets reporting requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Adheres to meeting requirements as outlined in job expectations sections below.
- Oversee Family Success Centers, Juvenile Justice, Maternal and Infant Health programs, Prevention Services, the Company Center of Excellence, and all related administrative, personnel, programmatic, financial, clinical and program development activities.
- Develop opportunity profiles and perform strategic due diligence, including collaborating with target organization leaders to direct plans to ensure sustainable, vital program outcomes.
- Develop and oversee implementation of Company Prevention Services short- and long-term plans that align with the agency's strategic vision, organizational design and strategic plan of record.
- Develop and expand the Company Center of Excellence to become a national model in the field of social services, which includes research, training, technical assistance, fundraising, white papers, conferences, and seminars.
- Conceptualize new programs and programmatic enhancements to meet emerging needs and develop strategies for funding and implementing them.
- Coordinate process for writing and submitting proposals to local, state and national funders to support ongoing operations as well as future program development and growth.
- Pursue strategic alliances with similar or complementary organizations to further the Company mission, particularly in the area of Prevention.
- Oversee the development and continued refinement of a strategic plan for the improvement and long-term growth of the Prevention Services division.
- Identify service gaps and potential new service areas and develop programs to meet these gaps and needs.
- Champion initiatives designed to improve client care quality and safety. Inspire a culture of continuous quality improvement and excellence.
- Leads divisional performance efforts including but not limited to, LOS and Outcome measures, and all other accrediting and regulatory agencies. Ensures compliance with all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met.
- Assure programs and departments are compliant with both regulations and Agency Standards, and are promptly responding to problems and implementation of corrective actions
- Assist in assuring that Prevention Services meets all revenue and census targets, and achieve or exceed budgeted surpluses.
- Conduct financial analyses, as needed, to help identify cost-saving strategies and anticipate and address financial challenges.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize revenue, identify new revenue sources and ensure continued revenue growth.
- Participate in local, state and national workgroups, task forces and conferences as needed to help promote the Company brand and its Prevention Services programming, and to identify new program development or affiliation opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with county, state, and federal funders and regulators in an effort to encourage new program development and collaboration.
- Develop and nurture relationships in the community with referral sources, health and human services agencies, government oversight agencies, funders, political leaders, other integrated health programs, and professional peers.
- Additional duties as required
- Oversee assigned programmatic teams and ensure compliance in accordance with the agency mission and policies.
- Provide consultation to all Senior Leadership and staff when needed.
- Appropriately and timely communicates performance concerns with staff.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Works collaboratively with all staff to effectively communicate and problem solve.
- Communicates information to and from Management Team/Leadership as appropriate and relevant. Ensures the flow of communication occurs appropriately and timely.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to team needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Provides effective supervision of staff in accordance with established Supervision Protocols on agency public documents.
- Address performance issues with staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure staff function in accordance with department manual and agency policies and procedures.
- Timely conduct annual employee performance evaluations of staff.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- A dynamic change agent with the ability to analyze situations and implement solutions that drive the strategy forward.
- Proven experience driving significant improvements with a team and business.
- Experience working in a healthcare or social services environment, particularly leading multi-site teams.
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
- Assume an active role in agency events.
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualize, direct and implement planning and business strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop collaborative projects and working with a variety of public and/or private providers, policymakers and researchers.
- Ability to analyze policies, programs, and initiatives, and make improvement recommendations.
- Knowledge of data reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrate advanced communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate project management skills, with information systems implementation experience preferred.
To qualify for this job you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent dedicated experience within a regulated social services environment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Successful tenure in senior level management positions.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience working as part of and guiding a team; experience developing consensus.
- Strong program development and entrepreneurial skills.
- Experience accomplishing long-term goals while supervising day to day operations.
- Experience thinking creatively and strategically.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills, including experience writing proposals and working with foundations.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Expertise and experience monitoring program budgets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.