- Position Overview:
- Project Engineering position for Refinery reporting to the Capital Projects Engineering Manager. This position will be responsible for developing and leading refinery-based projects ranging from $1MM to >$100MM.
- Develop scope of work, estimating, schedules, and construction work packages to meet timelines of assigned projects.
- Manage engineering resources for execution of front-end project development, detailed engineering, material requisitions, bid packages.
- Interface with Production, Technical Groups, Maintenance, Turnaround Group, Pressure Equipment Integrity Group, and others in execution of project work.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with appropriate stakeholders for any changes to approved scope, quality, cost and schedule.
- Ensure the quality of project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders to develop the project business case/economics as well as benchmarking performance metrics.
- Responsible for the alignment of all project stakeholders on project milestones.
- Ensure the lesson learned discussions and post-mortems reviews are completed.
- Ensure that projects are executed consistent with Motiva project management standards.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field (Mechanical Engineering Preferred)
- 5-25+ years of professional experience in the Chemical/Refining, or Manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of the stage gate project process
- Capable of working multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Preferably Owner's Rep Experience
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.