To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rocklin, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Care Agent
Amerigas • Rocklin, CA
Posted 29 days ago
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary for Graveyard Position:
- Answer both emergency and non-emergency calls
- Review office policies, on-call employee information and customer credit
- Contact on-call employees and relay information
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and process all customer calls in a prompt and professional manner.
- Determine the probable nature of each call by listening carefully, researching customer files and asking questions for clarification.
- Provide clear information to callers as needed.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with callers at all times, restating information when necessary to insure the caller’s understanding.
- Inform callers of any fees, policies or procedures that may affect the outcome of their call.
- Take and process customer payments as necessary.
- Input clear, complete and concise documentation in call logs.
- Follow-up on pending calls in a timely manner and send fax-required information to district offices as needed.
- Provide district office staff with pertinent information about customer calls.
- Complete monthly Customer Service Assessments as required.
- Follow procedures to update district office files.
- Read the employee log carefully before each shift and act on policy/procedure changes that are indicated.
- Attend & participate actively in staff meetings and training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and within deadlines
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Good oral and written communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Independent thinking
- Good judgment and Independent decision making
- Ability to work effectively with windows-based computer systems
- Good listening skills
- Ability to deal effectively & patiently with a wide variety of people
- Ability to file chronologically
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Demonstrate general understanding of computer programs
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.