To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Covington, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Mills Inc. • Covington, GA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.Job Overview
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Technicians are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of various processing and packaging equipment throughout the facility.
The General Mills-Covington Plant operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Each department operates uses a 4 crew team structure working a 3-2-2 shift schedule. Day shift runs 6am-6:15pm and night shift runs 6pm-6:15am. Every 8 weeks, each crew rotates days to nights. The 3-2-2 shift schedule works as follows:
- 3 days on shift, 2 days off shift and 2 days back on shift
- 3 days off shift, 2 days on shift, and 2 days back off shift
This cycle repeats every 2 weeks. This schedule ensures a consistent schedule with every other weekend off.
Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Line Technicians must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for a Technician position is $18.98 with periodic merit increases up to a rate of $30.01 . Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health/medical benefits,401-K, life insurance, leave and disability insurance, parenting resources, and more!Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of high speed and/or high tech processing and packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot problems with machinery to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Perform change overs and End of Run cleans including disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
- Be responsible for executing all required HACCP/Quality processes and documentation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in equipment operation
- Perform preventative and breakdown maintenance
- Remove and replace motors, starters, belts, bearings, chains and other manufacturing parts
- Operate forklift equipment safely to move materials and product throughout the plant
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical or electrical capability/experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability