$16.00 to $18.00 hourly
Candidates with a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail will be excited about the opening at Robert Half for a veteran Collections Specialist. This long-term contract / temporary role is for a Collections Specialist who wants to work in the Norfolk, Virginia area. Apply today for immediate consideration!
What you get to do every single day
- Act as liaison in maintaining quality customer service and a positive company image by resolving customer account inquiries
- Administer all billing and reporting activities in response to deadlines
- Yield to all Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act rules and regulations
- Oversee and update customer files to ensure data accuracy
- Document all customer payments to the right reports
- Guarantee the processing of payments
- Control inbound and outbound collections calls and correspondence
- Accurately process bankruptcy filings when received
- Pinpoint delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. written correspondence, phone contact, skip-tracing, and making arrangements for payment
- Experience using accounting software
- 3+ years of prior high volume collections experience
- Strong communication and social skills
- Proficiency in commercial collections
- Solid understanding of Billing Collection
- Billing Collection experience
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Ability to analyze customer accounts and make decisions based on those analyses
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
Please call Savanah Crawford at
for immediate consideration.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Collections Specialist
for more information.
- Accounts Receivable
- Fair Credit Reporting Act