Director of Finance - Amazing Growth Opportunity
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a global Government Contractor in an exciting field with over 40 years in the business.
- Due to growth, they are hiring a Director of Finance in their US headquarter location in Edgewood, MD for this in-office role.
- Salary for this position is $160K - $180K. Bonus potential up to 30% based on AIP plan.
- This person will get tons of great experience, exposure to a global company, and will be a decision maker with a lot of input.
- Wonderful opportunity for growth - this person will be groomed to eventually replace the Vice President.
- Great company culture, with an open door policy and everyone treated like a family.
- Great benefits with generous PTO, Health/Dental/Life/Vision insurance, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, CPA assistance including dues, classes and annual hours and monthly gym membership assistance, health and well-being program and parental leave.
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- "The people are great. You will not find more interesting or important work anywhere else."
- "Innovative products, experienced and passionate colleagues, great place to work."
Overview of the Director of Finance role:
- This role consists of more than accounting/finance but looking at the total business, not just debits and credits but can think out of the box looking for improvements, transformational projects, financial plans, will have a lot of power in the organization. This role is a leader and advisor in the business and will assist in developing financial plans.
- Managing a large team (up to 30) handing oversight of all accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, program finance and accounting, internal and external audits, supplying information to our external tax department and sales and use tax vendor, financial control systems, monthly reporting and working with Division to ensure consistency in Finance
- Ensuring the company has the systems and procedures in place to support accurate and effective accounting, program finance, billing, flawless audits (internal and external), developing, mentoring and supporting employees, providing accounting guidance, writing white papers on accounting scenarios and gold level support to the business.
- Responsibilities include managing the relationship with external and internal auditors, successfully planning and leading the half year, early warnings and year end external financial audit.
Preferred Qualifications for the Director of Finance :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
- 5+ years' management experience.
- 8+ years' experience.
- Experience doing transformational projects.
- SAP experience a PLUS but not required.
- IFRS experience a PLUS but not required.
- Government Contracting experience a PLUS but not required.
- CPA a plus but not required (highly preferred).
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Debits And Credits