LIFT your career past the boundaries of possibility at Aerojet Rocketdyne.
egacy | I
nnovation | F
ulfillment | T
At Aerojet Rocketdyne
, our people further the exploration of space, and keep America safe. It doesn't get much better than that. From the Apollo missions to exploring Pluto, we have a long history of accomplishments. We are seeking a Senior Manager of Quality Systems and Document Control
to join our team in Camden, Arkansas
In this role, you will provide both production and development oversight for the Quality and Mission Assurance (Q&MA) organization in areas such as QMS, Audit, Document Control and Receiving Inspection in support of our Defense Business Unit. Typical duties:
- Work seamlessly with all organizational elements to achieve the delivery of quality products on time and at cost.
- Provide leadership with a focus on execution of the quality management system, and supporting QA systems & processes, infrastructure and workforce that enable production of products that meet requirements on-time.
- Define resource requirements and manage departmental operating budget to support program and process needs. Provide direct management coverage for QA owned process elements; Quality Process Support, Receiving Inspection and Calibration, and As-Built Document management. Implement improvement projects through innovative practices and leadership. Improve organizational culture regarding attention to detail, personal warranty and accountability.
- Champion root cause and corrective action by setting high expectations and driving improvement results. Work with the Site QA Director and the QA COE to implement proven quality engineering tools (such as Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing techniques, etc.) to reduce cycle time, improve yield, and reduce QA associated costs.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and fourteen (14) years of direct experience in a manufacturing or production support environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous management and with progressive leadership experience required.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Strong Quality Management System and Quality principle acumen in an aerospace and/or defense environment.
- Quality Engineering Fundamentals and Tools Expertise.
- Solid rocket motor manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Proven experience increasing company efficiencies and profitability. Strategic, financial and business result experiences.
- Experience in leading senior employees across multiple QA disciplines.
- Change management skill set.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Customer savvy and ability to address and drive proactive action when required.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance