Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The VP Lending position is primarily responsible for developing new deposit and loan business, underwriting, structuring, and the closing of various commercial and consumer loans in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. Represents the Bank in local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the Bank's products and services. Incumbent applies advanced knowledge of commercial and retail banking to work performed. Works under general supervision.
Essential Functions (Majority of duties, but not meant to be all inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary)
- Analyzes loan applications and evaluates credit to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to established standards, which may include fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Approves loans within established lending limit and assures that loan goals are met. Prepares files for loans in excess of individual lending limit; presents loan to Loan Review Committee for approval.
- Maintains an active calling program as defined by management and aggressively solicits new loans and deposits; introduces customers to other departments when a service can be rendered.
- Monitors production activity and ensures individual sales goals are met.
- Represents the Bank within the community through various civic and non-profit organizations to promote and develop new business.
- Develops and maintains an individual loan portfolio.
- Cultivates new lending opportunities to build portfolio.
- Reviews overdraft report for assigned customer portfolio and approves overdrafts for amounts up to authorized lending limit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Minimum education, experience, technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position.)
- In-depth knowledge of all lending and banking concepts and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Moderate accounting skills necessary to perform balancing, reconciliation, reporting and financial analysis functions.
- Moderate computer skills with working knowledge of all lending systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to explain all bank products and services in order to sell and cross-sell bank products and services and respond to customer inquiries.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal and negotiating skills with ability to recognize and respond to sales opportunities and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline and 3 to 5 years of lending experience, or an equivalent in related experience (8 years).
Working Conditions (Typical working conditions associated with this type of work and environmental hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position.)
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate peak periods, employee absences, staffing emergencies or customer schedules.
External – Frequently work is performed where there is exposure to outside atmospheric conditions or heat/cold or moisture and exposure to traffic while performing sales-calls and other business development functions.
Physical Demands (The physical effort generally associated with this position)
Work involves standing and walking for extended periods of time and potential eyestrain from reading detailed printouts and computer screen. Deadlines, disgruntled customers, workloads during peak periods and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents, and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
Working Relationships/Contacts (Positions, other than supervisor and immediate co-workers, with which incumbent has frequent contact and the reason for contact.)
Internal – Extensive contact with lending and credit personnel throughout the Bank regarding lending policy, approval, procedures, and regulatory issues.
External – Extensive contact with customers to provide customer service and perform business development functions. Frequent contact with the general public through civic and professional organizations for business promotion and new business development.
Supervision of Others – N/A
Accountability (Budget/asset amount managed, revenues/profits produced, and/or other financial resource incumbent is accountable for. Also, indicates judgement/decision making level.)
This position is directly responsible for achieving individual goals tied to loan value.