Title: Warehouse Supervisor Job ID
: Ypsilanti, MI Pay Rate
: $18-$22/hr. Additional Benefits
: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!Type of hire
: 2nd Shift (3:30 pm-12:00 am)Overtime:
- Managing a UAW workforce of about 25 employees.
- Meet business objectives for department regarding safety, quality productivity, responsiveness, etc.
- Counsel/Support hourly employees with needs/concerns as required
- Address performance behaviors; commend; reinforce those that are positives, discourage and discipline those that are negative
- Uses Quality Network problem solving process to address opportunities within area - engage work force for ideas
- Apply Workplace Organization (WPO) process to improve layouts and efficiency
- Perform daily Timekeeping System (TKS) updating to ensure accurate processing of payroll data
- Use A-3 reporting format to document problem solving activities and observe local A-3 guidelines
- Conduct daily huddle-up meeting to communicate business performance and have two-way discussion with employees
- Perform and document weekly safety observation tour of department
- Plan daily workload in advance
- Support colleagues to optimize shift performance
- Observe contractual requirements (National & Local)
- Enforce Shop Rules
- Perform daily SOP audit checks
- Advance skills through Individual Development Plan (IDP) process
- Keep General Supervisor Shop Committee apprised of all pending activities
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic math
- Oral and written communications skills
- Understand of basic technology of area where assigned
- Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of quality control procedures
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in the field
- Please share a few highlights why you are an ideal fit for this opening. (Brief example)
- Please list the education you've completed. What was the degree and what was the month and year you received it? (Ex: 01/89)
- Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
- What pay rate are you looking for? (If your required rate exceeds the listed pay rate you may be over qualify for this position, but please share what you would be comfortable with)
- Have you worked at GM before? If so, were you contract or direct?
- When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
- Do you require a visa sponsorship? If you currently have sponsorship, other than a TN visa, please state the type of sponsorship and when it will expire. Please give month and year. If you are able to receive extensions to the sponsorship, please note how many additional years.
Please be aware that in order to be submitted to this position with GM we will need to confirm additional personal/sensitive information. A recruiter will contact you by phone or e-mail to verify this information. Please note
that if you are a current GTA employee or are currently employed by one of our clients, we are unable to assist you. However, if you know someone who is seeking employment and is qualified for one of URL blocked - click to apply
, you could benefit from our Bonus Referral Program. Bonus Referral Program
If you refer someone we hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors
after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires
after they are on the job for 90 to 180 days, depending on the customer's payment terms.
Complex Problem Solving