Join Aspirus, recognized for the 2nd year in a row as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a full time Financial Counselor I in Wausau, Wisconsin who will handle patient credit and collection telephone calls. This includes:
• Work collection accounts including tracking activity on collection accounts
• Make collection telephone calls
• Prepare and send collection letters
• Discuss payment arrangements
• Prepare accounts for collection
• Transfer accounts to outside collection agency.
Location: Aspirus Westwood Center - Wausau, WI
Hours: Day shift - no weekends, evenings or holidays!
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education requirements:
- Knowledge of basic accounting, patient financial practices, and governmental and legal rules and regulations related to collection activities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma.
- Technical school or college majoring in some aspect of a health information program desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- Prior experience in healthcare collections desired.
- Previous financial or medical insurance experience beneficial.