$90000.00 to $100000.00 yearly
Candidates who are driven by high expectations will be preferred for this Controller position. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Controller candidates seeking to become part of a successful company will be interested in this opportunity through Robert Half Finance to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department. The Controller will be a full-time employment opportunity and will be located in the Lansing, Michigan region. If you can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff, you might be right for this position. The ideal candidate for this position can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. You're a good fit for this position if you want exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
What you get to do every single day
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Inspect deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Complete tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- BA/BS or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Expertise in budget forecasting
- Monthly Financial Statements experience desired
If you are interested in this Controller position, contact Jennifer Willis at
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.