Homewood Suites Little Rock Downtown
400 River Market Avenue
Little Rock, Arkansas, 72201
Guest Services Manager
About McKibbon Hospitality
From each thoughtful business partnership to the personal details of a guest's experience, hospitality begins with us.
Across 8 decades of service, we've developed, owned and managed nearly 100 hotels, partnering with the largest proprietors in the industry. We measure success by the quality of our work and the personal connections our people make along the way. Innovation is in our DNA, and we're fueled by a guest-focused commitment to service. We guide every facet of hospitality development and management, from site selection, financing and construction to hotel renovations, openings and operations.
Our legacy is built on a foundation of integrity, anchored in how we value our guests, treat our associates and partners, and give back to our communities. Every McKibbon associate receives on-the-job service, training, and development for career advancement. More often than not, that career advancement happens right here at McKibbon, where more than half of our leadership team members have been promoted from within. As we expand with new brands and as more markets develop every year, the opportunities for growth are endless.
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Guest Services Manager?
As a key member of the property leadership team, the Hotel Guest Services Manager is accountable for the hotel's front desk operations. Reporting to the Hotel General Manager, the Guest Services Manager will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the front desk team to deliver the highest standard of customer service.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for assisting with the overall performance of the property's front desk department, including guest satisfaction, brand quality assurance, budget and labor.
- You will supervise the daily operations of the front desk operations and front desk staff, including the supervision of shift closings, bank audits, and daily reports.
- You will be responsible for scheduling the Front Desk Department and adhering to company labor guidelines to ensure proper coverage.
- You will train all front desk staff as it relates to brand and company standards to maximize service culture.
- You will assist with sales and champion the Daily Sell Strategy.
- You will assist with the implementation of front office programs to enhance the experience and provide leisure enjoyment for the guests.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will inspect and ensure that safety and security standards are being maintained.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations ensuring problem resolution.
- You will conduct daily reviews of guaranteed no-show billing, guest ledger, and accounts receivables.
- You will perform payment processing.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the Market (fully stocked, weekly inventory, place orders).
- You will assist the Executive Housekeeper twice weekly, inspect guest rooms and public areas.
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Experience working in a hotel as a front desk representative (or equivalent)
- Experience with major hotel brands like Marriott, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
- The ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service
- Developing the leadership qualities of all staff
- Maintaining positive relationships with associates to drive associate satisfaction
Provide Logistical Support
Coach Team Members
Resort Operating Procedures