To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Clinician (Licensed Preferred)
JFS • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At JFS, we are professionals, volunteers, partners, and friends who all believe in one thing—we can change things and we’re going to do it as a family. As the first charitable organization in Los Angeles, founded over 160 years ago, Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles embraces and strengthens people of every race, religion, creed, and economic status. JFS is a multi-service Agency whose goals are to feed and shelter families in need, provide the elderly with life-saving care, empower victims of abuse, treat mental illness, and offer focus, direction, and counseling to countless at-risk children and their families.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website. www.jfsla.org
The Mental Health Clinician will provide mental health services for older adults. Under the direction of the Program Manager or designated clinical supervisor, the Mental Health Clinician will work as a member of a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive services.
- Master’s Degree in social work or a related field
- Registered in the State of California by the of Board of Behavioral Sciences or the Board of Psychology
- Current unrestricted CA Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Knowledge of DMH guidelines and/or older adult issues
- Clean driving record
- Bilingual Spanish, Russian or Farsi preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent clinical judgment
- Ability to be responsive to all requirements for documentation and statistical reporting
- Computer literate
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population; ability to work in a non-judgmental manner and foster positive growth/outcomes; able to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Provide mental health field-based services which may include assessments, of functional impairments, psychosocial intakes and treatment planning
- Provide psychotherapeutic services to individuals and groups in non-traditional community-based settings.
- Provide case management services to ensure a continuous system of care to the target population.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings with project staff to develop and monitor treatment plans and clients.
- Provide clinical consultation to agencies and constituents of the community as appropriate.
- Participate in utilization review and other quality assurance activities.
- Provide timely documentation and chart record keeping as per DMH contract standards and procedures.
- Ensure meeting monthly direct service hours expectation to meet agency contract requirements.
- May be required to be a Field Work Supervisor and/ or preceptor for Social Work students
- Participate in staff trainings; other related responsibilities as assigned.
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.