To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Dynamics Information Technology • St Louis, MO
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for Server Administrator responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure; ensuring system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to GDIT Standards; works under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, optimization, and repairs of IT hardware including servers, storage, network, PCs, printers, scanners, wireless devices, and related equipment.
- Strong Cisco networking knowledge to include Cisco Wireless design, configuration, and troubleshooting for Enterprise environments.
- Leads, analyzes, designs, develops, and implements modules under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Builds, tests, monitors, and configures patch deployments using various automated tools for both physical and virtual environments.
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Lead and participate in highly complex projects with USPS customers, managers, end-users and GDIT team.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
- 6+ years of directly related experience in computer systems administration and analysis
- Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution
- Ability to solve coding issues in a methodical and structural manner
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance (requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days)
- Retail POS Peripheral Programming Experience and skills utilizing C, C++, C#, VB, VB.NET, VB Script, .NET, and ASP.NET
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and application
- Familiarity with Incident and Change Management tools such as ServiceNow
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum management tools such as VersionOne
- Familiarity with Testing tools such as HP ALM
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.