To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alpharetta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Applications Developer (Java)
UPS • Alpharetta, GA
Posted 9 days ago
Sr. Applications Developer (Java)
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As an App Developer, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The Senior Applications Developer, with proven experience developing JEE web applications, will be a key contributor to a development team using both agile and waterfall methodologies as appropriate. 5+ years of development experience with OpenText TeamSite/LiveSite. 3+ years of development experience with JEE servlets, JSP, Web App Servers (Tomcat/JBOSS/WebLogic /WebSphere). Must have experience developing on Linux and Windows platforms.
Contributes to I.S. Projects
- Conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items.
- Creates task lists and cost and time estimates to support project plan development.
- Performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan and quality review requirements.
- Records, updates, monitors, and determines solutions for project deviations to ensure effective resolutions.
- Reviews project team accomplishments to assist with peer development and to provide project updates for management and customers.
- Reviews and compiles project issues to support effective resolutions.
- Monitors project activities to ensure I.S. governance, standards, and policies compliance.
Performs System Analysis and Design
- Participates in defining and developing technical specifications to meet systems’ requirements.
- Analyzes and translates logical designs to create physical designs.
- Assesses detailed designs and documentation to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Defines interfaces among systems components to ensure interoperability.
- Creates and reviews interface agreements to ensure proper transfer of information between systems.
- Evaluates vendor technologies to recommend potential products for use.
- Leads peer reviews to ensure requirements are met.
Designs and Develops Moderate to Highly Complex Applications
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
- Reviews and understands specifications to achieve coding tasks.
- Reviews, analyzes, and refines requirements and specifications to ensure quality.
- Records and updates defects log to ensure thorough and accurate documentation.
Develops Application Documentation
- Develops and maintains system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Creates unit test plans and reviews documented results to ensure requirements are met.
- Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Produces Integration Builds
- Defines and produces integration builds to create applications.
- Performs build processes to produce software and to prepare application for delivery.
- Produces integration test specifications to conduct tests, record failures, and conduct fault diagnoses.
Performs Maintenance and Support
- Defines and administers procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
- Documents maintenance and support activities to ensure quality control.
- Performs business continuity and disaster recovery activities to ensure availability requirements are met.
- Provides maintenance and support modifications to developers, users, and external groups to communicate updates.
- Observes and evaluates the systems usage by users to improve applications quality and effectiveness.
- Records and updates defect logs to monitor system reliability.
- Designs, creates, develops, customizes, and maintains training content to enhance quality of support.
Supports Emerging Technologies and Products
- Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products to maintain industry competitiveness.
- Determines relevance and potential value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy.
Expert-level proficiency with:
- TeamSite 8.2 or higher
- LiveSite 8.2 or higher
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Microsoft Office
Advanced-level proficiency with:
- J2EE Development
- Web Development Technologies
- Internet Development Architecture & Design
- Linux Application Development
Intermediate-level proficiency with:
- SQL Language
- Java Servlets
- UNIX Fundamentals
- GUI Design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law