The Regional Financial Manager (RFM) takes an active role in driving market billing / receiving, operational reporting and analysis, vendor interface and assisting with projections. The RFM will interact with a diverse group of internal personnel including providing guidance to the financial analysts, Project Managers, and operations personnel to interpret financial data and performance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Provide first-line financial support to Project Managers / Project Coordinators recognize financial issues and drive resolution.
- Trigger client billing resolve URR and match-hold with the concentration on mitigation of CIEB.
- Manage project true-up and closure ensure all costs are recorded to projects prior to close. Drive client reimbursement to control margins.
- Effectively communicate to end customer and mitigate sales order gap to drive revenue.
- Project Controls management: review projects slotted for closure and ensure proper cost and revenue budgets, manage margins. Works with operation team to adhere to proper revenue recognition.
- Review all CBS (cost budget shortfall) for mitigation and accuracy brief PM on drivers and opportunity for improvement.
- Monthly Operational Forecast: work with the Controller to prepare the monthly forecast and submittal. Includes deployment schedule, site count, revenue, margin, operating expenses. Works with Operational team to drive business results to attain forecasted levels.
- Knowledgeable about key accounting items and their impact on project financials (i.e. accruals, etc). Quickly identify potential issues with reporting and/or accounting and assist in resolution.
- Assist in resolution of A/P and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Maintain high level of technical proficiency in Oracle, Hyperion, Project Workbench, etc. Understand connectivity between such systems, with the ability to research discrepancies.
- Act as a point of contact between the market project team and finance / accounting.
- Establish local market quality standards for deliverables and processes, and provides feedback to the project team.
- Takes the lead on Special Projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in reporting/ financial analysis. Experience in a project environment with a concentration in Telecommunications or Construction industries a plus.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Provide Financial Support
Provide Consultative Advice