Join our SWHS Team of Professionals!
SWHS consists of two acute-care hospitals: Inland Valley Medical Center and Rancho Springs Medical Center.
Inland Valley Medical Center
A 122 bed acute care hospital which features the regions only Level II Trauma Unit and is the county-designated Paramedical Base station and Southwest Riverside County’s only Center of Excellence in Weight Loss Surgery.
Rancho Springs Medical Center
A 120 bed acute care hospital which includes the region’s largest birthing center along with the area’s only NICU in combination with Rady Children’s Hospital and the region’s first da Vinci Robotic Surgical Program.
As a staff member providing clinical expertise you will be responsible for providing excellence in patient care, collaborative and comprehensive care based on patient and/or family needs, and quality and efficient services. Staff will also practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies as well as consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the SWHS Core Values and the hospitals mission statement.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- This describes the general expectations of the Staff Physical Therapist and is not intended to be an inclusive list of all expectations of the staff member accepting this title.
- Responsible for the evaluation, planning, directing and administering of physical therapy modalities prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Administers treatments and physical agents in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Develops self professionally, supports and participates in departmental operations and development.
- Able to supervise and direct student interns.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- One (1) year experience as a physical therapist in acute care facility preferred.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Completion of Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy, entry level Masters Degree or Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from accredited college or university.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Current California license or eligible.
- BLS (CPR) certification.