Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide subject matter expertise in VMware NSX technologies with focus on Cisco ACI, Advanced network monitoring and Micro-segementation
- Integrate VMware NSX products with other software and services to provide end to end customer services
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability for NSX and associated components
- Assume an SME role for NSX in internal projects that help scale the environment
- Utilize VMware vRNI, vROPs, and emerging tools to diagnose and improve network performance in the virtual infrastructure
- Assist in the design and engineering of automation for creating virtual networking
- Design and engineer network security in a multi-tenant environment
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in configuring, troubleshooting, and administering VMware NSX and ESXi.
- On-call/off-hours work will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware virtualized software defined networks such as VMWare NSX-t, NSX-V and virtual distributed switches
- 5+ years of experience with PowerShell, PowerCLI, and other scripting languages for accelerating system administration of large groups of servers
- 5+ years of experience ensuring network reliability and availability in a large enterprise private cloud infrastructure including firewall and routing technologies
- 5+ years of systems administration with VMWare vSphere/ESXi infrastructure in a large enterprise
- 3+ years of experience in designing, deploying and managing Cisco ACI environments
- 3+ years of experience in supporting key components of production systems in a cloud environment (private or public)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with change control, incident management, problem management and IT policies in an ITIL driven organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.