KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy
, and help us rise together
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job Description
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools plays a critical role in ensuring our students have the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and beyond. Our educators are passionate advocates for their students and their families, working tirelessly to ensure that our students have access to opportunity. In our classrooms and across the KIPP family we embrace, honor and celebrate our differences across several characteristics that construct our unique identities in our little and big KIPPsters. We are especially committed to attracting and developing individuals who share the life experiences of our students because we believe the best work we do is grounded in the realities and experiences of our families and KIPPsters.
The Campus Testing Coordinator is a campus based position that owns all things testing for their designated campus. This includes all testing preparation, training, reporting, and logistics. The Campus Testing Coordinator fills a key role in ensuring our schools have a smooth testing process that supports students' learning, high achievement, and accurate reporting.
- Test Accountability - Receiving, Inventorying, securing, distributing all paper assessments including STAAR, AP, Interim Assessments, TELPAS, and TSI.
- Pickup and drop off for STAAR and electronic set-up verification for any electronic assessments. The focus on a high stakes test (STAAR, MAP, IA) begins at minimum 1 week prior to the test to ensure everything is in place.
- Test Accommodations - Assigning student's legal accommodations within the test set-up, grouping of students, ratios, and specific teacher training for the accommodations.
- Staff Training - Executing staff training including legal state training and recording any certificates that go w/ the training. Attends all assessment trainings as directed by the State Assessment Coordinator.
- Test Execution - Administering the test and monitoring the testing environment and students. Ensure testing procedures and regulations are followed.
- Test Close Out - Accounting for all testing materials, test scoring, and data roll up for school academics team.
- Schedules - Alternative schedules for the school during testing including room changes, excellence rotation changes, lunch schedules. This is not limited to their own school's testing, as some schools share spaces with other schools on the campus and may need to make schedule adjustments to share space (E.g. MS and HS sharing of the cafeteria).
- Test Reporting - Any and all reporting for the test, such as the required documents for the student folders , test results for families, other reports.
- Set-up - Set-up request for facilities, student meal request, and outsourced staff meals orders if the SL request this.
- Regional Connection - Liaison between the campus and the State Assessment Coordinator for proper implementation of assessment guidelines and criteria.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 2 to 3 years of work experience, preferably in education
- Familiarity with K-12 testing requirements
- Experience coordinating testing preferred
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check. Employees are responsible for a non-refundable fingerprinting fee (approximately $50.00).
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel; Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
As a full-time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, life insurance, and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Google Docs