Provide systems engineering support to a technology transition organization responsible for management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture. These transition activities include managing the introduction of new prototype capabilities. The Technology Transition Office provides support not only across the customer but to external IC partners to ensure transition stakeholder requirements are understood and considered. Transition activities include managing and supporting Technology Transition Office process, monitoring and measuring progress through the process, identifying risks and recommending mitigations and supporting planning activities. Customer support requests are evaluated by the Government to determine alignment with its scope and objectives. Discrete task descriptions will be created for all requests and be used for tracking and to enable contractor assignments.
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering expertise in scoping, planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to support the technical evaluation of prototypes, assist the government to facilitate technology transition into the capabilities architecture, and work with the government to facilitate / lead cross-directorate Integrated-Product Teams [IPTs] to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Subject Matter Expert in 1 or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitori9ng and preparing out-reports.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA managing Systems Engineering Projects.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technology Transition Sr Systems Engineer
. For ongoing news, please visit our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technology Transition Sr Systems Engineer
. For SAIC benefits information, see [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technology Transition Sr Systems Engineer
. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability