To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Esurance Inc. • San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Esurance is looking for a Payroll Accountant to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you're looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits – including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement – then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.Responsibilities
As the Payroll Accountant you will support the Accounting department by recording all payroll related transactions and by serving as the primary liaison between the Accounting department and Human Resources. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audit controls and payroll processing procedures.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record payroll and related transactions from the payroll administrator (Ceridian) to the general ledger account.
- Calculate and prepare accruals for payroll and related transactions for pay cycle cut-off.
- Calculate and prepare monthly benefit, bonus and PTO accruals.
- Record payroll cash transactions (payroll, flex spending account activity, employee expense reimbursements).
- Perform monthly reconciliation and analysis of the following: salary expense, group benefits, bonus expense, payroll tax, PTO, flex spending account, manual payroll checks and employee deductions.
- Review payroll processes for compliance with labor and tax laws.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of quarterly tax return filing.
- Ensure timely and accurate Federal, State and local quarterly tax filings with Ceridian Tax Services.
- Maintain and update general ledger account structure as necessary to achieve accurate and transparent payroll accounting.
- Develop and maintain necessary procedures and internal controls related to payroll accounting.
- Develops and implements procedures and controls; tracks, maintains and documents information relating to escheatment and unclaimed property.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and improves processes to prevent re-occurrence of discrepancies.
- Assists with internal and external auditor requests.
- Must have strong research and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Must be capable of working under pressure of deadlines and be able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Must be organized and possess a strong sense of urgency
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree required; associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field or equivalent education required.
- 5 or more years of experience in similar position with experience in and working knowledge of payroll reports required
- Experience with Ceridian Payroll system and Certified Payroll Professional designation strongly preferred.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it's something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance (company-paid and supplemental)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Wellness coaching and incentives
- Group critical illness coverage
- Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
- Group legal
- 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-rewarding bonus system
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
Family & Community
- Adoption assistance
- Maternity leave
- Buckle Up Baby program
- Pet insurance discount
- Charitable gift matching
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (employee-paid option)
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal choice days)