To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Volt Workforce Solutions
- Phone: 317-685-2200
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Volt • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 20 days ago
- The Staff Accountant is responsible for financial statement preparation, special reporting projects, audit documentation and compilation, bank and collateral reporting, researching and various general ledger account reconciliations and analyses.
- Prepare monthly bank and various other balance sheet reconciliations, researching and resolving reconciling items in a timely manner
- Research activity in accounts to determine accuracy of balances
Prepare and enter monthly standard and miscellaneous journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Prepare all sales and use tax returns (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual filing frequencies)
- Prepare daily & monthly borrowing base collateral and loan availability calculations
- Analyze activity in accounts as requested by management
- Prepare various audit schedules and reports for periodic bank audits and financial audits
- Maintain fixed asset database, including periodic asset inventories, depreciation, GL recon. (Recommend improvements as needed-tagging, inventorying and disposal processes)
- Assist in preparation of budgets, including projections and importing data into GL system
- Schedule and submit in bank portal, all wires and ACH payments
- Maintain daily activity and collateral position and updating reconciliation to bank at least weekly
- Provide analyses to management as requested
- Monitor compliance of customers and suppliers with respect to tax exemptions, W-9s
- Prepare 1099s annually
- Develop analysis and reporting mechanisms for various financial statement line items and/or specific GL accounts
- Serve as additional help in the area of receivables, assisting in determining root cause of aged receivables and collecting appropriate data for Accounting Manager, only on an as needed basis
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred. Cost accounting training and/or experience preferred.
- Three plus years of related experience required.
- Strong administrative, computer (Excel), 10-key and customer service skills essential. Intermediate to advance level Excel skills required, including but not limited to pivot tables and v-lookup functions. Experience working with databases, import/export functions and queries preferred. Experience with Word merging functions a plus
Standards of Performance
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management, personnel and customers
- Possesses outstanding customer service skills
- Works independently
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, well-organized, and demonstrates initiative
- Balances work within tight deadline constraints
- Strong analytical and problem identification/resolution skills
- Attention to detail, thorough with minimal errors