The Solutions Architect engages with business stakeholders within Engineering as well as with other business units to assess requirements for platforms and services, as well as to architect, implement and operationalize complex technical solutions.
- Develops tools and processes to enable automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Automates images, systems/network configuration and orchestration using tools such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Designs and implements CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing and allowing for development teams to own the pipeline process from end-to-end.
- Implements, improves and augments infrastructure, application and security monitoring tools and overall platform stability.
- Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies.
- Responsible for managing and operation of environments.
- Mentors junior engineers and peers with less experience in Cloud environments.
- Participates in the creation of strategic roadmaps by understanding the needs of the business and mapping technical objectives to those needs.
- Creates high level reference architecture documentation to meet the technology needs of various stakeholders, which may include transformational initiatives such as Cloud migrations, data center modernization, virtualization, Infrastructure as a Service, Desktop as a Service, IT as a Service and other leading-edge technical solutions.
- Responsible for owning their solutions, which includes the full project life-cycle of Assess/Design/Pilot/Implement/Operate/Optimize, as well as supporting the creation and maintenance of reference architecture, as-built and run-book documentation.
- Works autonomously to build customized solutions to meet the business needs; this may include activities such as conducting customer interviews, secondary research, input from and collaboration with other members of the Engineering teams, working with vendors, project managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Produces, enhances and executes the deployment of automated tools to increase efficiencies across the organization.
- Effectively communicates solutions architecture to management as well as to business stakeholders and the project teams.
- Works with the development teams to troubleshoot production issues and to tune production applications.
- Improves deployment and release management process.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be strongly focused on succeeding as a team; leading by example and elevating the skills of those around you.
- Experience with Java, Ruby, Python, or another OOP language.
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of PowerShell, .Net, bash or perl.
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, particularly multi-region/multi-AZ environments.
- Experience with cloud automation tools and technologies, such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, Cloudify, Morpheus et. al.
- Strong understanding of IAM, cloud-based access, and security controls; experience with certificate and key management systems is desirable.
- Security certifications and/or AWS certifications are a plus.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies.
- Hands on experience creating and managing Kubernetes clusters in different types of environments.
- Knowledge of network protocols, DNS resolution.
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems.
- Must be capable of evolving and improving complex systems.
- Significant experience working with source control and exposure to CI/CD systems (Jenkins/Bamboo etc).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet preferred).
- Desire to work in a heterogeneous ecosystem.
- Must have a passion for challenging the status quo.
- Proven ability to manage projects both as a leader and an individual contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, listening skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to solve complex problems.
- Must understand the detail behind the solutions and be able to communicate the high-level vision.
- SME-level skills in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Architecture, Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, Systems Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, and Security). Platforms (Application Development, Application Design, SDLC). Desktop (Desktops Architecture, Thin/Zero Clients, Desktop Management, Desktop Design). Management (Datacenter Management, Application Management, Desktop Management).
- Ability to think past commercially available products and create solutions to meet the business needs.
- Must have a positive attitude and feel comfortable working with all levels in an organization, including various Software Engineering Teams, third party Technical Architects, Directors and VP's.
- Experience in a technical lead role for small or medium sized teams is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training; Master's preferred.
- Certifications in technologies related to Cloud, Infrastructure, Development, Desktop and/or Systems Management.
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience as an infrastructure/platform/DevOps engineer or architect.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience deploying Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback and application partitioning.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 356235
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
SNI Technology Makes Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing Talent List!
View the full profile
SNI Technology® is one of the fastest growing technology recruitment companies in the country specializing in technical careers and temporary jobs. We uniquely align with our clients and the candidates we represent, because our staff is hired from the industry we serve.
We offer technical talent and employment opportunities on a contract, contract–to–hire, and a direct–hire basis in a wide variety of disciplines from helpdesk professionals to the most cutting-edge software architects.
We strive to help clients maintain their corporate strength and focus, while we show our ability to attract top tier technical professionals to supplement or expand their staff. Our recruiting team stays very active in the technology community, so we have specific knowledge of local employment conditions, technical trends, and pending shifts or upgrades that can impact how technology supports your business. We don’t tap into the technical community to find the talent you need – we are a part of it.
Whether a system upgrade or a complete software development project is on the agenda; we have proven technology professionals ready to ensure your success.
If you’ve worked with employment firms in the past, we guarantee you’ll notice the difference!
SNI Companies®, the parent company of SNI Technology specializes in the placement of Accounting & Finance, Administrative, and IT candidates on a temporary and full-time basis through it's Accounting Now, Staffing Now, and SNI Technology divisions. With revenues in excess of $100 million, SNI Companies ranks among the top 100 U.S. staffing companies and was recently named one of the fastest growing private staffing companies in the country by Staffing Industry Analysts. Based in Des Moines, Iowa, SNI Companies has over 40 offices in the Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to best serve our job seekers and clients.
Find technical careers and temporary jobs at a SNI Technology recruitment location near you!