The IT Intern is responsible for providing help desk support to end users across the organization as it relates to hardware, software and telephone system issues.
* Serves as first and primary contact for users on hardware and software Help Desk issues. Receive and troubleshoot user help desk calls through to successful resolution.
* Handles day-to-day user administration on all systems including the telephone system
* Trouble shoots equipment problems and place service calls with the appropriate maintenance vendors when necessary. Coordinates outside vendor support for desktop and laptop computers.
* Maintains pc images and updates/deploys them when necessary.
* Makes recommendations regarding hardware and software to meet identified business needs.
* Personally, keep current with application updates and industry trends in order to maximize IEWC's investment in computerized systems Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Director Information Services and Technology.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Preferred college student actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree or an associate's degree in Information Technology.
* The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of working under pressure within tight time frames.
* Must possess a high level of initiative and energy, an enthusiasm for learning, the capability to work with minimal supervision and have a client service approach to supporting users.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and business information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to work in a Windows environment, to work with your department's business applications and with standard current computer applications.
- Business Requirements
- Customer Service
- Data Collection
- Fact Checking
- Help Desk
- Information Technology