Alpek Polyester / DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi.
We are committed to offering sustainable manufacturing solutions to our customers and communities as a leading supplier of GreenPET (recycled and renewable raw materials), processing over 5 billion plastic bottles annually and spearheading a true circular PET economy.
Alpek Polyester is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico's largest corporations.
Simultaneously operate one or more operating lines safely to produce quality products, meet team goals, and maintain product safety. Work in a team environment supporting fellow employees to meet team production goals, including quality and product safety.
- Ensure processes, on the assigned lines, run stable at standard speed and output.
- Use instruments, machine readings, audits, and inspections to verify quality specifications compliance. Document results on time per process records required
- Have a working knowledge of machines
- Operate and make standard process adjustments as needed, while maintaining Process Parameters Sheet (PPS) compliance, to ensure product quality, process stability, and output
- Perform and document Operator level equipment preventive maintenance (PM)
- Perform process PM (i.e. change filters, change dust collection pots, clean out piping buildup, etc.)
- Experience with pelletizers a plus
- Possess and engage a thorough working knowledge of machines
- Understand, properly interpret, and apply quality specifications to ensure quality compliance during the process on assigned lines
- Effectively communicate with fellow employees, sharing information to ensure team is working towards and meeting team goals
- Responsible to take material samples on time at all sampling points and do first pass assessment of quality
- Notify Supervisor of needed machine and equipment repairs and modifications, via Work Requests
- Accurately complete daily production line documentation
- Provide significant hands-on contribution to machine repairs, as needed
- Maintain clean orderly equipment and work areas
- Produce safe, legal and quality products
- Perform other duties as assigned
Alpek Polyester / DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester / DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To perform this job successfully the individual must have the following or equivalent:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Work experience may be substituted for diploma.
- OSHA forklift certification is a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years' machine operating experience
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Forklift Truck
- Preventive Maintenance
- Quality Management