At Vestas, we live our company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity, and Passion. In a dynamic and evolving industry, we change quickly to meet the needs of our customers. Our passion is to preserve the environment through sustainable energy solutions. If this aligns with your values and passion, we want to hear from you!
People & Culture / P&C Region AME / Employee Relations
Responsible for defining Employee Relations/HR processes, programs, and initiatives to ensure seamless delivery and execution to managers and the organization. Works closely with ER Business Partner to deliver strategic and tactical support to people leaders through the alignment of ER/HR initiatives to strategic business goals.
- Develop and maintain a trusted partnership with line managers to create value and assist in reaching business goals
- Provide consulting on Employee Relations issues such as first-level questions, corrective actions, and investigations.
- Administrative employee relations tasks
- Update and maintain Employee Relations internet, and draft communication documents
- Participate in process improvement efforts to meet client expectations
- Support leaders in developing their people, organization, leadership capabilities; act as a role model
- Support by identifying training needs within functional areas; assist with the development of training programs and conduct training if required
- Work closely with HR Business Partners on ER initiatives
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned to support department and corporate goals
- Associate’s Degree with a preference for a Bachelors’ degree in human resources or related field required
- 3 - 5 years human resources experience required
- Requires demonstrated HR Generalist experience and knowledge of all HR functions
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory and procedural requirements in the U.S. and Canada.
- Professional social skills and the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all internal client and coworkers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and complete tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Prior employee relations experience is a preference
- UltiPro time management system experience is a preference
- Success Factors experience is a preference
- SharePoint experience is a preference
- Intermediate level utilization of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to organize database systems, other software programs, internet research
- Ability to interact frequently with others in a professional, courteous manner
- Regular and reliable attendance
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; flex time off policy (FTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon or this position can be remote.
[ Link removed ]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Microsoft Power Point